Thursday, February 21, 2013

Piggy KitKat Cake

A few days ago I was browsing Facebook and I saw the cutest cake ever. Once I see something I like, I just have to try it. Whether its a new recipe, an art journal page idea, or any craft project, I can't get it out of my head until I give it a try. 

Here is my attempt at making the Piggy KitKat Cake. Here it is chilling in the fridge. 

This will go to work with me tomorrow for the Friday treat. 

I have a couple other ideas for ways to make a KitKat Cake.
1. Make chicks floating in a barrel of water. Instead of using chocolate ganache, use cream cheese icing and color it blue to look like water. Instead of pigs, use plump marshmallow chicks. 
2. Make an Easter basket. Use coconut dyed green and use Peeps and malted milk eggs to decorate the top.
3. Make a winter scene. Use white fondant or icing to make snow on top and make a snowman out of fondant...add some snowflakes.

The possibilities are endless...and so easy.

What are some of our ideas?

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable, and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome cake, you did a great job!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I left you an answer in the comments:):):). Hope you are doing good!!

    ReplyDelete