Sunday, July 8, 2012

Recycled Glass Jars

This weekend has been pretty relaxing. I had three days off and I was able to spend some time in my craft space. Love it!!!

One of the projects I've been wanting to try is something I saw on Pinterest {of course}. This is a great way to recycle glass jars that would normally get thrown away. Check out this link "recycled glass jars" and try it yourself... it's so much fun.

Instead of using napkins {liked Artsy VaVa used}, I used a few sheets of DMD Handmade Paper {kind of a thin fiber paper} that I bought for $1 and Mod Podge. I added a stamped and inked tag along with an old key - tied on the jar with some natural jute twine. I forgot to mention in the original post, but there is a tea candle in the jar... maybe that was obvious but just thought I should mention it... :-)


I can't wait to empty some jars so I can make a few more of these. Let me know if you recycle a jar or two; I'd love to see them!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week.

2 comments: