It's been a busy first few days of working on Rosie Rae. When we first start a project, we think we know what we are in for...and then when we actually start it, we realize we didn't have a clue. In my mind anyway, I was thinking we would do a little of this, and a little of that... and then we would decorate and have some fun. Ok... uh, NO. Not even. Honestly, I knew there would be a lot of elbow grease, long days, sore muscles, etc. But what I think I forget is that I'm not as young as I used to be. This will be another one of our "we are never going to do it again" projects (we thought the same thing when we built our own storage building because at that time we thought 'how hard can it be?' right?). But you know what.... we love the challenge. And Rosie Rae is going to be awesome when we finish with her!!
Here are a few pictures from the last few days. This is an example of what we found when we started tearing out the bad spots:
After removing and replacing damaged/rotted wood, we thought we better get busy sealing up the outside. (There's still a few places on the inside that need to be repaired but we thought since we had a few dry days we better get some of the work on the outside done.)
Then, it was time to tackle the bathroom... removal of the toilet and shower walls. This was not an easy task, let me tell ya. I think that old toilet was super glued in there. Believe me, we won't be putting THAT toilet back in there. (Anyone have tips or suggestions on painting that shower base?)
Remember, we have never owned a camper... and have never had to take care of one. With that said, after removing the toilet, we realized there was 'something' that we should have done first when we first brought Rosie Rae home. Yea... have the black water tank emptied. So... we had to figure out how to empty it. With heavy duty gloves and plastic rain suits on, we proceeded to flush out the tank. Can you say PEEEUUUU!! We could not wait to get this done and take a shower.
Yesterday we purchased two new roof top vents to replace the existing ones. That will be our project for tomorrow. Whoever put the vents on the last time must have thought they needed a gallon of tar... or whatever that stuff is. All I know is that it is a mixture of black and grayish gooky stuff and it looks like a real mess up there... and for anyone that knows me, you know it will drive me crazy until it's all nice and neat and clean looking.
So... We are calling it a night. Tomorrow is another day. Thank you for stopping by!!